Board of Governors
Kindness, Unity & Courage
At Trinity St Mary’s, our Vision Statement and Values are fundamental in all that we do as a school and this includes guaranteeing our Board of Governors are proactively involved with the embedding of our Vision and Values through the work that they do; working collaboratively with the school as outlined below.
The Board of Governors currently comprises of 14 members:
- 5 elected by St Mary & St John The Divine PCC;
- 2 appointed by the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education;
- 1 appointed by the Local Education Authority;
- 2 elected by parents;
- 1 staff Governor;
- 1 co-opted Governor;
- The Headteacher and Vicar of St Mary & St John The Divine Church (ex-officio) are also Governors.
Please see the Governor links below for a full list of the Board of Governors and their profile. If you require assistance from any of the Governors then, in the first instance, you should contact them through the school office.
The Chair of the Board of Governor
The Chair of the Board of Governors is Mr Daniel Wiggin and he is also the Chair of the Finance Committee.
The Vice Chair of the Board of Governor
The Vice Chair of the Board of Governors is Mr Robert Stevenson and he is also the Chair of the Personnel Committee.
The following Governors have designated roles to support and advise the development the Board of Governors. They are as follows:
- The Designated Safeguarding Governor Leads at Trinity St Mary’s CE School are Mrs Hayley Van Den Bergh and Mrs Marian Shaw.
- The Designated Inclusion Governor Lead at Trinity St Mary’s CE School is Dr Penny Holloway, Penny is also the Chair of the Curriculum Committee.
- The Designated GDPR Governor is Mr Andrew Purkis.
Register of Pecuniary/Business Interest
The Governing Body is required to establish and maintain a register of pecuniary interests. This lists, for each member of the Governing Body and staff responsible for spending public funds, any business interests they, or any member of their immediate family have. This register is signed at every Full Governing Meeting and held by Helen Watts, clerk to the governors.